Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Future is Now

I put a picture on my vision board of a man and woman sitting cross-legged on opposite ends of a sofa typing on laptop computers. At the top of the picture, I attached a pre-printed caption “I am in partnership with the universe” and underneath in black sharpie marker I wrote “Work with Bob.”

When I wrote this I was thinking about some grand, amazing project in the future. But as we worked together and sorted through the process of buying our home in Panama City Beach (PCB), I realized I already had what I was wishing for.

Neither of us had classical buyers remorse, but in the beginning, I had nights where the knots in my stomach begged the question “are you sure?” In the middle of the night, I found myself crawling to Bob's side of the bed for reassurance. Bob ALWAYS had my answers. He reminded me of all the sound logic we used making the decision and when his his doubts came I answered them, just as he had for me.

Bob and I ARE in true partnership. Whenever I need one he is my rock and whenever he needs one I am his. A valuable, unspoken rule in our relationship is “no mutual freak outs.” We take turns.

This new phase of our lives has reconnected us and reminded us of all the things that make our partnership work. What a gift! The end of April we celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary. We are THE A-TEAM and we “pity the fool” that tries to get in our way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't think of any better partner to be on the A-Team with me!

Bob