Monday, June 22, 2009

Can you tell I’m excited!!!


Very soon, I will become a grandma for the first time! Her name will be Sophia. There she is in her beautiful mother’s tummy with my adoring son leaning in closely.

I have been told this is a joy like no other. That I will look into this child's little face and be overwhelmed to know that I will be a part of her life forever. I will also get to experience all the happiness my own child feels becoming a parent. WOW!

I get all the good stuff like spending time with her, helping care for her and loving on her (kiss kiss) but still get a good night’s sleep.☺

My current dilemma is what to call myself? Am I her Nana, Nonna, Grandma, Ma Ma, Gi Gi or the host of other choices? In today’s society grandparents are opting for names that express their own uniqueness.

For Bob it was easy. He’s opting for BABA. It’s usually one of the first sounds/words babies say. I am considering Carenu (pronounced care-new). My nephew Augie called me this when he was a baby. I’m guessing that he heard the “N” sound on the end of Caren as “nu”.

My mom was always Grandma Sara to my son. I wanted him to know her as a person with a first name, too.
I’m sure when the time comes I’ll know who I am. Until then…do you have any ideas for me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Caren! Wow, how exciting!

Rachael