Monday, March 31, 2008

Wine Dogs Sing

Missung song lyrics is what prompted this blog, this day and still makes me laugh out loud.

My own personal lyric butcher is from Rock the Casbah by the Clash. Correctly sung it goes the shareef dont like it, Rockin the casbah, Rock the casbah. I sing it Sherreee don't like it, bussing the cash bar, bussing the cash bar. The funniest one I found online was a missung lyric to Martina McBrides' song "Independence Day" Let Freedom ring! Let the wine dogs sing! The actual lyrics are "Let the white doves" sing."

In songs and in life we worry far too much about getting everything right. Just make it up, belt it out, sing along with whatever’s in your head. Most of the time, nobody will even notice, and when they do, you will ALL get a good laugh out of it, and who can't use a good laugh.

Make me laugh. Tell me YOUR most famous missung song lyric?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS START...what a great title.

and you DID! start. congratulations on
your blog.

okay - here's a refrain that is not missung, "Tell me more...tell me more..."

mary anne radmacher

Anonymous said...

The older we get the more we seem to share. I love to sing it out and always have the words wrong. However, very few people get to hear me sing. That is the big difference.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have been thinking about this a lot. I have found two things I sing incorrectly.
1. Layla-I have been singing "hey love" instead of "Layla" all of my life.
2. Before He Cheats (Carrie Underwood)-This infamous "cheat on me and I will destroy your car" song is great if you get the words right. She sings about busting out the headlights, flattening the tires, etc. I would sing "carve my name into his legacy" it is "carve my name into his leather seats". Makes a lot of sense this way.
Barbie

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! Thanks for making me laugh! C

Dale said...

Padded Bra!! What a song. I don't know how long I sang that prior to actually learning the song was Panama! I still like my version better.
Love you "C"