Monday, October 18, 2010

My Superpower

My secret superpower is survival, surviving conflicting feelings, surviving difficult life situations, surviving sometimes what it feels like to be in this moment.

My tongue-in-cheek not-so-secret superpower is sleeping. I can fall asleep within minutes of going to bed and begin dreaming right away. I know this because the “others” that share my bed, a.k.a husband of thirty years, gets tired of my startle response, sleep paralysis and screams of terror when he comes to bed. Not my fault. The dream train came around and I jumped right on.

Just last weekend waiting in an interminable line at the airport to check my luggage I struck up a conversation with a woman who sells medical equipment to monitor sleep. She informed me that falling right asleep, dreaming right away etc. are all signs of Narcolepsy. At least that what I think she said, I kinda nodded off!

Seriously, don’t let the opinions of others cause you to believe that there is something wrong with you or your superpower. Sleep serves as one of the most important restorative processes. Like air, you sure do suffer when you don't have it. So sleep well my friends because the world needs our strength to evolve and survive.

Dig deep, tell me what superpower do you posses that will help us save the world? Share freely, there are no wrong answers in my class!
LIVE YOUR DREAM

No comments: