Tuesday, September 6, 2011

TICKLE ME PINK!

I’m not your standard issue Crayola pack with only primary colors. I’m more of A rainbow, a color cornucopia, a 64 assortment box.

I want my today’s life filled with today’s Crayola colors like JAZZBERRY JAM, MACARONI AND CHEESE, OUTER SPACE, PURPLE MOUNTAIN’S MAJESTY, WILD BLUE YONDER, AND RAZZLE DAZZLE ROSE.  Maybe not MACARONI AND CHEESE, it’s kind of an ugly light orange color.

I remember when I first started coloring way back in the “brown age” as my son used to call it. The adult people insisted that we color inside the lines and gave us mostly red, yellow, blue crayons. It was exciting to get an orange or purple.

Per Wikipedia - in 1905 Crayola’s product line had reached 30 colors, in 1958 sixty-four, in 1972 seventy-two (how appropriate), today’s number is 120. I guess as the complexities of life increased so did the number of Crayola color choices needed to portray them.

Good news for today’s kids, they get applauded for coloring no matter where it lands inside or outside the lines. They’re also encouraged to have opinions and to think outside the box. LUCKY!

I was born way too early! I’m a 2011’er trapped in a 1950’s childhood. I can’t go back and fix the past. Not without a really great time machine and so far I haven't found one of those. I don’t mean to go all SCREAMIN’ GREEN OR BANAMA MANIA on you, but can I maybe, maybe just fix the future?

How ‘bout I take out my granddaughter’s PURPLE PIZZAZZ and color me a RAZZMATAZ future? Would that be too OUTRAGEOUS ORANGE to hope for? What would  TICKLE YOU PINK?

Go for it! – LIVE YOUR DREAM

((The colors (in all CAPS above) are the real ones being used today! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Crayola_crayon_colors)




Certified Organic Dream Creatrix -  Caren Albers is a writer, blogger, writing coach, and personal growth enthusiast who still colors outside of the lines. While learning to live her own dream she learned ways to inspire others to live theirs. Her eCourses based on Radmacher Focus Phrase™ use guided writing to explore, discover, and LIVE YOUR DREAM. http://carenalbersinspirations.com

No comments: