Monday, April 7, 2014

Married to a Vegan (available on Amazon Wed. April 9, 2014)



My new book, Married to a Vegan is about my husband’s conversion to a vegan lifestyle and the journey it took us both on. It’s written from three perspectives. MY STORY – shares the humorous tale of how in the beginning his conversion took our marriage from magic to mayhem. HIS STORY – offers the scientific reasons to embrace a plant based diet and his own amazing results. OUR STORY – shows the evolution of a couple finding their way together in a new world. Of course, it has my signature brand of sass.

But more than that it’s about the two most important things in life: our relationship with other people (emotional well-being) and our relationship with food (physical well-being) which makes it relatable to everyone.

I was passionate about writing this story because it took up a lot of space in the last three years of my life. What I didn’t expect was to begin to understand “the whole vegan thing” through his eyes. Apparently, he didn’t do it just to annoy me ;-)!

The book is an often humorous peek into what happens in a relationship when a major life change requires a lot of negotiating, compromise, and commitment. It also has a bit of a surprise ending.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post Caren. Self-compassion has long been something I have had to work hard for. I have always found it easy to feel compassion for others. Why is it so difficult to treat ourselves with the same empathy and love? I've found affirmations have helped me a great deal and just learning to be a little more gentle with myself but always more work to do in this area. Thanks for the thought provoking post.