Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 Dream Seeds - Focus on Self-Compassion



I got up this New Year’s Day morning thinking about self-compassion, one of this year’s Life is a Verb Camp themes. How can I carry that amazing goal with me through the entire year and take it to the next level.

I’ve gotten a handle on the judging others thing. I know, hard to imagine me “judgy” but I have been. What I learned and now embrace is that if I let myself judge others harshly, I’m a half of a baby step (or less) away from judging myself and no matter how much I tell myself not to do it, it WILL happen. Compassion for others is where I began my self-compassion journey.

Now, I’m looking at ways to focus my energy and to increase my self-compassion in 2015. Two things immediately come to mind. Am I listening closely enough to my true self when she speaks? Am I creating the space with stillness to hear her heart dreams? Am I respecting those dreams….that one got an “ahhhh” when I typed it. I may have found my answer.

AND…am I acting on those whispers, respecting their vision, even if I can’t quite see the next turn on the path, even if following them feels a little scary? That one got a small “YIKES.” So clearly I have work to do there, too.

I’d love to hear about YOUR self-compassion journey. Is it something you are focusing on this year? What ideas do you have that could work for others, too!

I’m trying to connect to the love in everyone I meet. I like calling people “Luv.” I love endearing terms! So Luvs, tell me what are you focusing on in 2015? I know you have great ideas and I’d love to hear them!

No comments: