Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Alarm Clock Wars

We have a projection alarm clock that searches “automagically” for the correct time, has different time zones settings, has a temperature sensor, and when in the correct mode (and all the planets are aligned) alternates flashing the time and temperature on our bedroom ceiling.

I keep the instruction manual in my nightstand drawer because of the numerous hours I have spent (I’m not exaggerating) trying to get it into the right mode, two taps on the SET button, then the MODE, the +, then hold down the SET button for three seconds and spin around chanting. I’d throw the darn thing away if I wasn’t so addicted to getting instantaneous information all night long on the time and temperature just by glancing up. I love that!

My engineer husband Bob just spent an hour before work on the stupid thing. Of course he reads the entire manual, I skim. He completely replaces all the batteries and plugs it into a new outlet and asks me which direction Fort Collins, Colorado is. We scratch our heads and figure its east and give the rebellious thing one more chance to find the signal.

According to Bob the signal comes in strongest at night because the ionospheric balance is best then, whatever that means. So I’m waiting AGAIN to see who is victorious, us or the alarm clock.

1 comment:

GR8 Audio Guy said...

Funny...
& of course the clock won!