Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Nudge Versus Push

Focusing on the present moment has revealed something about myself to me, that I can be pushy sometimes. It’s not that I wasn’t aware of this before, people have called me “blunt” (thanks Kate:)). But I’ve added a new dimension to my knowing, by feeling it.

So, I’m sorry if I ever pushed you when I meant to nudge you, unless you’re glad that I pushed you because you needed it, see what a slippery slope this is. I guess what I’m saying is if I say things that you don’t like or don’t agree with or aren’t ready to hear, blow it off. I never intend anything negative or judgmental, that’s just not what I'm about.

People do value me for giving my honest opinion, and I won’t stop doing that (not sure I can:)). But the good news is that I have become more aware that words are powerful tools and I want mine to encourage, uplift, and support my friends, family, and community.

No comments: