Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Should I Stay or Should I Go

As my car approaches a squirrel trying to cross the street, he runs forward a few steps then back a few, forward, back, then after two head fakes he finally returns to his safe spot on the sidewalk. I’m at a loss to help him, heck I don’t even know if I can stay out of his way.

Then I realize I’m just like that squirrel.

I start things with vigor, I dart out into the big world and announce my grand plans, then if an obstacle presents itself or I get scared or afraid, I wonder whether I should turn back or venture on.

Watching the squirrel, I realize he will be okay either way, whether he crosses or not. He just needs to make a commitment. But then again, maybe the squirrel needs to run back and forth a few times until he believes in himself.

Thanks to the squirrel, I’ve decided to go for it. Wish me luck!

No comments: