Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Adding New Members

We've adopted...... five houseplants. Wow, huh? It’s an amazing experience being parents again. Five years ago when we moved to California, we said goodbye to all our houseplants back in Ohio. Our outdoor space here blooms so constantly that we barely missed our left behind plants until now.

We are finally ready to commit, take on a new challenge, be responsible for something other than ourselves again. Our new babies are so darling. Of course, we are trying to provide all the right things for them, just enough water, light, and love…but not too much. This parenting thing is like walking a tightrope isn’t it?

So far, so good, they have lived for about 10 days. We are hopeful that with all the love and attention we are giving them they will prosper, but haven’t we all said that before. I’m just going to enjoy their beauty, watch them grow, and appreciate their gifts.

I am finally planted here, too. Both feet are in California, and I expect I'll grow some, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am finally here - thanks for sharing, I look forward to catching up.

Claire.