Monday, July 7, 2008

Try Something New

Keep things fresh, change things up a bit, incorporate something new into your life. We did that this weekend, not the camping (we’ve done that before). Our new thing was being filthy dirty for two days and enjoying it. I’m talking camping dirt on top of more camping dirt ground into more camping dirt.

My normally well-groomed husband arrived home on Sunday followed by a cloud of dust wearing the same clothes he left the house in on Friday morning (don’t tell him I told you that).

I did sneak in a (coin operated) 75¢ shower on Saturday and applied what I call my “camping makeup,” mascara (top lashes only), foundation (to hide my slight imperfections) and tinted lip stuff (SPF25 of course). The campground restrooms have no mirrors, which I think is a good thing considering how we all looked. So my camping makeup was applied in the reflection of my car windows (another new experience).

Today, I’m laughing at everything, my eyes sparkle and my mood is light, maybe because for two days I managed to not take much of anything too seriously, even the dirt.

It was fun to break the rules, change things up a bit, experience extreme dirtiness. I gained a new appreciation for my own shower and having clean feet.

We go camping for the friends, the party, the food, and NOW for the dirt, too!

No comments: