Friday, July 11, 2008

"A Kick in the Butt is a Step Forward"

Dr. Phil said that bit of wisdom. Most people I have offered that advice to have not taken it, but I am not most people, and I and stepping up to give myself a gentle, loving kick in the butt.

A wise teacher once told me, just write, good, bad, or otherwise, just write. Of course, I want everything to be a masterpiece. Which I know it is an unrealistic and unnecessary standard to hold myself to. My writing doesn’t always have to be pretty, interesting, or necessarily good to uphold my dream. It just has to be a sharing of my words on the page.

I love to write because it marries my lifelong need for introspection with my need to express myself creatively. For me, writing involves a going in and learning something new or accessing what I already know and then sharing my thoughts, ideas, and inspirations.

Writing without a clear destination for the words is sometimes difficult. That’s where you, my readers come in. You listen to me and I would love to listen to you, too. Tell me what you relate to, what inspires you, what YOUR dream is.

Remember, it doesn’t have to be perfect, pretty or a masterpiece, just a sharing of your words on a page, that’s all.

1 comment:

GR8 Audio Guy said...

a long time ago i had a dream to work at Intel and be a technical geek. i have achieved that & more. now i am thinking about retiring & finding a new dream to follow. not sure what it will be, but i'd like to have the time to figure it out.