Thursday, June 26, 2008

Fitness Confession

Okay, I’m going to confess something….I’m on ANOTHER quest to get “healthy” (it’s not politically correct these days to say lose weight that makes you sound vain and shallow).

I’m ending week three……I thought it was week four but that must have been the delirium from the white flour deprivation. I’ve been holding off telling you because I always hate people who are “getting healthy.” It reminds me of what I’m not doing, plus they’re so boring. They’ve given up everything I love and had in common with them.

Dear friends, don’t worry I haven’t given up my vino and I still guzzle Diet Pepsi. I’m not crazy for Pete sake. I’ve just added more protein, vegetables, and fiber to my diet. I must say I feel very satisfied and full most of the time. It sounds like a lie, but it’s true.

I’ve given up my candy-like protein bars for ones with 20 grams of protein that really fill me up. I’ve replaced bread with double fiber English muffins (containing 25% of my RDA of fiber). Believe it or not they actually taste good and are quite filling. Are you hearing a pattern here?

I can’t remember the last time I had a French fry. Okay, I lied it was on June 4 at 12:31pm at The Back Porch restaurant in Panama City Beach, Florida and it was delicious. I think my French fry days are over for a while anyway.

What prompted this change? I decided that I wanted to be able to look at myself in photos without wincing, a lofty goal, I know. A little known fact is that the older you get the more weight the camera puts on you. It’s not our fault, how can we fight that?

But don’t hate me or worry too much about me. We all know that “this too shall pass.” I’ve tried “fitness” in the past without much success, so the chances of this working are, well, “slim.”

If this proves not to be my answer, I plan to do a Google search on “posing in pictures to enhance your figure.” I think I’d better hop off right now and get that started. I’ve always found a two-pronged approach works best. Ta Ta!

No comments: