Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Own Personal Nirvana

Recently, I got caught up in my own expectations of how things should be and was trying to make things happen my way and temporarily lost the lesson of accepting “what is.” Instead I resisted and denied and in the process lost my opportunity to experience the present moment.

I am happy to report I am back on track having relearned yet another lesson. Relearning lessons seems to be a common, human experience. The good news is that with each relearned lesson comes a gift, a spark of insight that enriches our understanding of life.

When I can accept “what is” it centers me, I feel at one with the universe and I experience a peace and contentment unrivaled. No wonder I was so distraught when I lost it.

When I was resisting “what is” I felt powerless and out of control, like a stranger to myself. But when I stepped back and could see the part my resistance was playing, I was free to change it.

When I accept “what is” my world hums and sings out loud. I am right where I am suppose to be doing just what I am supposed to do, my own personal nirvana.

No comments: