Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Revelation vs. Revolution

It amazes me how easy it is for some people to blame other people for all of their problems. How do they manage not to see that THEY are common denominator, THEY are the constant, THEY are the one determining their own outcomes.

When faced with challenges many people move on, run away. But when we run away without addressing our problems, they eventually catch up with us, dooming us to repeat the same lessons over and over again. Next time you're faced with a problem and you are thinking about moving on, try “moving in” instead.

Moving inward on a journey of self exploration. It requires finding inner stillness, what Eckhart Tolle refers to as your “listening space.” This inner space contains no judgment, expectation, or blame. It rewards you with abundance, awareness, and a light that allows your imperfect beauty to shine.

Sometimes when I wander a little too far off my spiritual path, I look inward and focus on the present moment and all it has to teach me and I quickly find my way back. There is no running away for me, I chose a revelation over a revolution every time.

No comments: