Monday, June 30, 2008

An Okay Addiction

I don’t do CRAZY. I have a low tolerance for that nasty, sick feeling I get in the pit in my stomach from it. Mostly, I manage to keep my distance, but part of my extended family is, well, addicted to drama….so sometimes it creeps in.

After reading A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle, I have a better understanding of what causes drama filled lives. Eckhart talks about the “pain body” made up of a person’s unresolved hurts and accumulated emotional pain that is carried around with them effecting their thoughts and actions throughout their life (and not for the good I might add).

They choose to surround themselves with people who feed their “pain bodies” thus continuing the negative cycle and creating more DRAMA! It looks crazy to the outside world, why would anyone over and over again choose something that causes so much pain and chaos. But for those operating with an active “pain body” it’s all they know and it reinforces their beliefs about themselves and the world.

Breaking the cycle is not easy. It takes an awareness, desire, and commitment to learning how to lead a more inspired life. I’ve spent years on my own personal journey, read books that taught me new ways of seeing the world, and experienced the joy that comes from truly knowing yourself, rewarded with a peaceful, contented heart.

My life changed dramatically (pun intended). You could say I’m addicted to feeling good and self-love and I would say “I think that’s an okay addiction!”

No comments: