Thursday, June 26, 2008

Small Victories

Our lives are filled with more everyday moments than huge earth shattering events. But most of us don’t focus on the small gestures of kindness that make our lives feel abundant.

It can be as simple as a smile from a stranger, a sincere compliment, or just being helpful, these heartfelt gestures given without any expectation of something in return enhance the quality of our lives and the entire world.

We give and receive acts of abundance every day, but don’t always acknowledge their power. These small gifts make us feel like the road is rising to meet us carrying us in its arms to our destination like life is just a little bit easier.

Here are a few of my small victories.

1. Exchanging my glasses was easy. Sometimes it is hard for me to ask for what I need.
2. My hairstylist and I were “on the same page,” I love my new do.
3. A traffic light stayed green long enough for me to pass.
4. I got a second chance to connect with a friend who called me for moral support.
5. I had enought cash so that I didn’t have to stop at the ATM before heading out today.
6. I actually WANTED to go to the gym tonight.
7. I felt anchored in the present moment ALL DAY!

How about you? What small victories did you experience today?

No comments: